I can swim free style well.
I can’t either speak Japanese
It could run to 110 kilometers
I couldn’t swim when I was
I’m able to take short hand.
We will be able to have it done
I was able to swim across the
swimming pool yesterday.
Can expresses capability in the present or future.
The negative form of can may be written can’t, cannot, or can not.
The past form of can is could. It is used to express general ability in the past.
The negative form of could is couldn’t or could not.
Be able to is also used to express capability, but can is more usual.
Be able to is more commonly used in combination with other auxiliaries.
Was able to is used when someone managed to do something in one particular situation.
Expression of Ability or Disabilty adalah Ekspression yang kita gunakan jika kita ingin mengungkapkan dan menyatakan tenang kemampuan atau ketidakmampuan.
1.Buatlah kalimat right, example exspressing posibility
A. Ability (Kemampuan)
1. Can (Dapat/ Bisa)
Can you help me?
2. Be able to + Verb (Dapat/ mampu)
I must be able to do the assignment.
3. Managed, Succeeded (Berhasil)
He managed to get much money. (Artinya: Dia berhasil mendapatkan banyak uang)
4. Could (Dapat)
I could pass the examination. (Artinya: Saya dapat lulus ujian)
Expression of Ability
- Asking if someone can do something:
- Can you…?
- Are you good at…?
- Is he able to…?
- Are you able to…?
- Are you capable of…?
- Do you know how to…?
- Do you think you can…?
- Do you know anything about…?
- Do you have the experience or ability to…?
- Saying you are able to do something:
- I can…
- I am able to…
- I know how to…
- I feel capable of…
- I might be able to…
- (Yes), no problem…
- I would I am able to…
- I know something about…
- I have the experience of…
- I am pretty good at the job…
- I would say I am capable of…
- (I think) I have the qualification or experience or ability to…
- Saying you can not to do something:
- I cannot…
- I am hopeless…
- I am not good at…
- I have no idea how…
- I have no experience of…
- No, I don’t know how to…
- I don’t know anything about…
- I am not sure I can/ know how to…
- (I am afraid) I cannot cope (with)…
- I would not know where to begin or start…
- I don’t think I have qualification or experience or ability to…